Projects to promote
PROJECTS TO BE WORKED ON IN THE NEAR FUTURE
- January 2023 – Project of Recovery and Rehabilitation of the embryonic dune of Calahonda
- November 2021 – Project: Recovery, rehabilitation and reforestation of the peri-dune system Cabopino and save the first chaine of embryonal dunes on the beach
- October 2021 – Project for an Observatory in the “Las Golondrinas” dune, Las Chapas-Elviria to study bird and sea fauna overlooking the Alboran Sea
- July 2021– Seagrass project in Marbella.
- June 2021 – Project: Recovery and Rehabilitation of the embryonic mobile dune “El Pinillo”, Marbella
- May 2021 – ProDunas and the Asociación Valores in San Pedro Alcántara come together to encourage the volunteering of people with disabilities.
- May 2021 – Project – Perimeter protection of the Lance de las Cañas Tower
- April 2021- Project: Dune Recovery at Torre Real, Río Real
- March 2021 – SEAWEED – We are facing a scary phenomenon
- 2020-2021 – ProDunas and Fundatul have joined forces to develop training schemes for people with functional diversity and will leader a good dune conservation.
- 2020-2021 – Collecting Seeds and Fruits of the Native dune flora in Marbella
- Done September-October 2020 – Surveillance Of Sea Turtles Nest (Caretta caretta)
- Done March 2020 – Presentation of the Visitor’s Guide-Dunes of Marbella, explaining the wealth of nature that exists in the Ecological Reserve.
- 2017-2018-2019-2020-2021 – Nature Information Centre – Research and environmental education on coastal environments (dunes + sea) in a dedicated Lecture Hall.
- We will promote Marine reserves, once there exists marine habitats.
We promote the creation of new marine ecosystems to help stabilise the beaches.We are developing a technical research project to study the feasibility of installing multifunctional artificial reefs on the coast with dunes to the east of Marbella. 2016 – 2017 – 2018 – 2019
- Done May 2018 – Recovery of the dunes (45,000m²) and reforestation with 5,000 native plants in the Real de Zaragoza dune – April 2018. Phase I – Finished May 2018
- Done December 2017 – Dune maintenance – work of digging out alien invasive species in the dune areas – Working together with Marbella Town Council
- Done December 2017 – Transplantation of 40 autochthonous shrubs – planted in 2006 in the Adelfa dune area, Bahía de Marbella. – shore walkway.
- Project: Dune Recovery in the Townland of Marbella with Calahonda – October 2018
Do you want to receive our Newsletter?
Do you want to become a member or be our friend of the dunes?
Asociación ProDunas Marbella
The Association works tirelessly for the defence and preservation of the unique ecosystems that survive in the natural sand dune environments in the Province of Málaga; promotes the protection of native flora and small wildlife; promotes recovery, rehabilitation and conservation of interesting biodiversity of sand dunes areas in the municipality of Marbella.