Projects to promote
PROJECTS TO BE WORKED ON IN THE NEAR FUTURE
- Project: Dune Recovery in the Townland of Marbella with Calahonda – October 2018
- Done December 2017 – Transplantation of 40 autochthonous shrubs – planted in 2006 in the Adelfa dune area, Bahía de Marbella. – shore walkway.
Done May 2018 – Recovery of the dunes (45,000m²) and reforestation with 5,000 native plants in the Real de Zaragoza dune – April 2018. Phase I – Finished May 2018
- Done March 2020 – Presentation of the Visitor’s Guide-Dunes of Marbella, explaining the wealth of nature that exists in the Ecological Reserve.
- Done September-October 2020 – Surveillance Of Sea Turtles Nest (Caretta caretta)
- 2020-2021 – Collecting Seeds and Fruits of the Native dune flora in Marbella
- 2020-2021 – ProDunas and Fundatul have joined forces to develop training schemes for people with functional diversity and will leader a good dune conservation.
- March 2021 – SEAWEED – We are facing a scary phenomenon
- 2021– Project: Dune Recovery at Torre Real, Río Real
Do you want to receive our Newsletter?
Do you want to become a member or be our friend of the dunes?
Asociación ProDunas Marbella
The Association works tirelessly for the defence and preservation of the unique ecosystems that survive in the natural sand dune environments in the Province of Málaga; promotes the protection of native flora and small wildlife; promotes recovery, rehabilitation and conservation of interesting biodiversity of sand dunes areas in the municipality of Marbella.