HARVESTING SEEDS AND FRUITS IN THE DUNE ENVIRONMENT
22nd December – DUNE AREA RÍO REAL
Collection of the fruits of the large-fruited Juniper (Juniper macrocarpa) and dune conservation
Every week we will be in a different dune environment, collecting seeds of native flora that will be sent to Cantueso Natural Seeds. This company with its headquarters in Cordoba will give the seeds the appropriate conditioning treatment. Later on we will disseminate these seeds in dune areas that are still degraded. This is how, working together we will help reinstate a new and beautiful biodiversity.
Co-workers and volunteers will also learn how to carry out good dune conservation, manually removing invasive alien species so that these do not flourish and displace the native dune vegetation.
The work we are doing with Fundatul is aimed at preparing the participants for a possible introduction to remunerative working life.
Date: Tuesday, 22nd December 2020
Time: From 10:00 to 13:00
Where: Dune area Río Real – Palm Beach > between the bridge over Río Real and the beach Restaurant Palm Beach
Meeting point: at the Parking beside the beach Restaurant Trocadero Arenas (click on the photo to get directions)
– We will walk through the dune and along the beach to get to know the dune system
– We will collect the fruits of the large-fruited Juniper (Juniperus macrocarpa)
– Short break
– We will carry out a manual clearing of Invasive Alien Species (IAS)
– We will make a re-introduction of the Sea Daffodil (Pancratium maritimum) along the dune area Río Real
– Wear comfortable clothing
– Laced/Velcro footwear > trainers or walking shoes
– We recommend taking head covering with you – it could get sunny
– Take a small bottle of drinking water and a snack with you
The Delegation for the Environment will supply: buckets, tools and bags for the disposal of any IAS we dig out
Closure the activity :
Volunteers are very welcome
Do you want to receive our Newsletter?
Do you want to become a member or be our friend of the dunes?
Asociación ProDunas Marbella
La Asociación trabaja incesantemente en defensa y preservación de los singulares ecosistemas aún existentes en los entornos naturales con dunas en la Provincia de Málaga; impulsa la protección de su flora autóctona y pequeña fauna silvestre; fomenta la recuperación, rehabilitación y conservación de la interesante biodiversidad en las zonas dunares del municipio de Marbella.