9th March 2021 – DUNE AREA NATURAL MONUMENT “DUNES OF ARTOLA”, Cabopino
Dune conservation and Cleaning up of the environment
Dune conservation work continues
During the coming months between January and May, every week we will be in a different dune environment.
Co-workers of Fundatul and volunteers will also learn how to carry out good dune conservation, manually removing different kind of invasive alien species so that these do not flourish and displace the native dune vegetation.
Date: Tuesday, 9th March 2021
Time: From 10:00 to 13:00
Where: Dune area between Triana and the Tower Ladrones in the Natural Monument
Meeting point: Beach-Restaurant Triana (click on the photo to get to Google Maps)
– Dune conservation with eradication of the American century plant (Agave americana) and giant reeds (Arundo donax)
– Short break
– Cleaning up of the environment
– Wear comfortable clothing
– Laced/Velcro footwear > trainers or walking shoes
– We recommend taking head covering with you – it could get sunny
– Take a small bottle of drinking water and a snack with you
The Delegation for the Environment will supply: buckets, tools and bags for the disposal of any IAS we dig out
Closure the activity :
Volunteers are very welcome
Do you want to receive our Newsletter?
Do you want to become a member or be our friend of the dunes?
Asociación ProDunas Marbella
The Association works tirelessly for the defence and preservation of the unique ecosystems that survive in the natural sand dune environments in the Province of Málaga; promotes the protection of native flora and small wildlife; promotes recovery, rehabilitation and conservation of interesting biodiversity of sand dunes areas in the municipality of Marbella.